Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Birthday Blessings + Espresso buttercream frosting


We're celebrating my love, my best friend for over eighteen years!
That cliche phrase that each year just keeps getting better, is spot on! My love for this guy increases daily!
Describing this guy's heart as abundantly generous just don't seem to do justice.
Ben is that father who gives gifts to his children on his birthday. {{love!!}}
Happy Birthday and blessings upon blessings to you my love!!


On my birthday, Ben surprised me with the.most.gorgeous.vegan, gluten free cake, but usually we
 bake our own gluten free goodness, topped with homemade frosting.

The kids wanted to make cupcakes and I've been wanting to try my hand at carrot cake, so we made both.


Homemade frosting is an art, one that has taken a bit of time for me to comfortably settle into.
Usually I head to Elana's Pantry for my GF recipes, and while searching, I found her chocolate buttercream frosting recipe.
 I tweaked her recipe a bit with a dark chocolate espresso bar & it's absolutely delicious.

This recipe tastes incredible and is easy to make, and because it's made with dark chocolate,
it's lower in sugar.
_____________________________________________________

This simple recipe uses just two ingredients;
77% dark chocolate espresso bar {3 oz} chopped + 5 tblsp.salted butter, cut into tblsp. pieces

Instructions:
 In a small pan over very low heat, melt chocolate and butter, stirring constantly.

Place mixture in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to chill.

Remove from refrigerator and whip with a hand blender until thick and fluffy....then frost!

I also used Elana's carrot cake recipe {shown above}along with her cream cheese frosting found here

I'm so thankful for delicious dessert recipes that don't sacrifice nutrition and yet taste scrumptious!

  Birthday's aren't complete without something sweet!


No comments: