Thursday, September 22, 2016

{DIY} aromatherapy rice sack


I don't know about you, but with the changing of the seasons, coupled with living in the south, I frequently find myself warding off sinus headaches around this time of year.  
I prefer natural remedies when possible, and these essential oil rice sack's hit the spot!

Like many, prior to using essential oils, the biggest apprehension I had was that I was unsure exactly how to use these amazing health remedies. {Hello perfectionist}
So today I want to show you one of the easiest "essential oil D.I.Y."...an aromatherapy rice sack.

All you need is fabric of your choice, rice, essential oil,
 needle and thread or a sewing machine.
________________________________________________________________

Here's how to make them:

cut a piece of fabric 15" long x 10" wide
Fold in half, with wrong sides together, sew along all sides leaving one end open
{I recommend stitching w/ a tight seam atleast 1/2" from the edge to ensure a strong seam.
Turn your fabric right side out and iron.

In a glass bowl, pour 1/2 cup of rice; add 5-8 drops of oil.
{I choose lavender or peppermint}  
Essential oils are highly concentrated, so I recommend letting your sack air out overnight prior to using. 

Fill your sack half full with rice.
Turn the open seam down, stitch closed. 

 ..................................................................................................................................................................

please exercise caution whenever heating rice sacks as severe burning can result from improper use. do not heat in a conventional oven or toaster oven as fabric can catch on fire.
grace upon grace is not responsible for damage or harm caused in any way shape or form from usage of rice sacks. this is simply an instructional how to make tutorial.













1 comment:

Seed to Sow said...

I can't wait to try ones with peppermint oil- great tip!