Thursday, August 25, 2016

Truth for my Child



Our first official week of the 2016/17 school year is almost complete.
This week we gently eased back into school mode.
 I held a loose idea of what our days would look like, and we certainly had struggles,
but the Father planned for something lovely.


Earlier this week, I lay tossing and turning, not over curriculum, but with a strong stirring upon my heart.
 A stirring of what truly matters most in our day to day.

 
My heart begin to well up with the enormity of the daily opportunity I've been given as a mom
to speak life over my children. To declare the truth to them.
Truth that they might often not believe. 
Truth that they the world has lied to them about.
Truth of who they are; not based on actions, but a child their Father has redeemed them as.

I awoke the next morning, penning words from the Father;

You are righteous, not b/c of actions, but simply b/c you believe.
You are my child; my son, my daughter.
You are royalty and have the complete inheritance as my child.
You can never disinherit all that I've given you. You are not in lack.
I have provided and will continually, abundantly provide more than you can imagine!

You are unconditionally loved, no matter what you do, or how much you mess up.
You are NOT a disappointment.
My arms are continually open toward you.
When you feel distance, turn around, you'll see Me. I am never far from you.
I will never leave, never turn aside.
I am always perusing you, always longing for you. 

I am your Shepherd.
When you fall, when you're wounded and cannot walk,
I will carry you close to my heart, so you hear my heartbeat toward you.
Your falling does not anger me; You are pleasing! 
Not b/c of how you act, how you look, or what you say.
You are mine and I delight in you!
When I look at you, I see a clean and spotless child b/c of the priceless blood which paid for your righteousness.
I love you when you are unlovable. 
I am your Father, standing with open arms, welcoming you my child.
I've prepared a wondrous feast, I've put the finest clothes on your back.
All of my kingdom is yours, simply b/c you.are.mine." 


No comments: