Friday, October 12, 2018

self care // exercise

 

Continuing my series on self care, today I want to briefly talk about exercise

We all know that exercise is physically beneficial, but studies show that

exercise helps lessen symptoms of depression, proving that exercise benefits 

our soul emotionally and mentally as well. 

Personally, I've never been more keenly aware of this connection than I am 

currently! Following Harbor’s complicated birth, a NICU stay, postpartum 

hormones and sleepless nights, I battled continuous storms of unpredictable 

emotions and self deprecating thoughts. 

It’s taken a multi pronged approach but honestly, one of the greatest 

contributions to balancing my emotions, has been getting back into an 

exercise rhythm. 

My goal is to try to squeeze in some form of movement every day, 

whether that’s walking for a half hour or spending 15 minutes focused on a 

target area; I make sure to prioritize movement into my day. 

The beauty of exercise, is the multitude of options available, and with a bit 

of effort, you can find a specific form that is an enjoyable experience! 

 

Personally I’ve found two : barre workouts (which I’ll post on later) & Pilates. 

I  discovered Pilates soon after the birth of my first son, nearly two decades 

ago, and knew instantly that I found my perfect match!

Pilates focuses on mindful movement while strengthening & toning the body’s 

muscles; if you’ve ever been interested in what Pilates is all about, today I 

have the perfect opportunity to tell you about! 

 

 

Robin over at The Balanced Life is hosting a "Back to the Mat" 7 day challenge

that will introduce you to the Pilates method.

So whether you’ve fallen out of an exercise routine or you just need a bit of 

motivation to begin again, I hope you’ll join me for Back to the Mat. 

Sign up via the link below: https://thebalancedlifeonline.com/backtothemat/ 

 

 

➕ Robin also created {this} daily printable, which I’ve also downloaded on 

my phone; it encourages me to prioritize movement even on the busiest day!

Head here for a full description of each exercise & to get your copy.  

______________________________________________________________

PS // if you feel like you’re battling depression of any kind, seek help! 

Talk with someone! You DON’T have to stay in the place that you’re in! 

 ______________________________________________________________

 


No comments: