Tuesday, September 4, 2012

{DIY: covered canisters}

Now that school is in full swing, I'm in You've Got Mail mode, organizing pencils, scissors and paintbrushes.
This lovely D.I.Y. scrap canister inspiration originated by Ashley Ann {here}
                                              

                         These are quick and simple, inexpensive and lovely. Here's what you'll need:


cans {i use my coffee cans}
paper of your choice or fabric scraps {which is what I used}
scissors
hot glue
embellishments of your choice {paper doilies, ribbon, washi tape}


assemble: 

Cut the fabric in lengths that can wrap around the can, then hot glue and embellish!
For the can on the left, I used a large paper doily, then layered a vintage crochet doily on top.
Repeat a dozen times!




           
     You can check out my other D.I.Y. projects under the {Ideas}section.  


No comments: